BY CLAIRE TAYLOR, STAFF WRITER ’19
Enjoy these quotes below once stated by famous writers, poets, and philosophers. Caution: these words may lead you to deep thoughts…
1) There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. – Shakespeare
Be bold in everything you believe in, say and do. Don’t limit yourself by always second guessing your feelings. Try wearing that crazy shirt you’ve been dying to wear!
2) The work never matches the dream of perfection the artist has to start with. – William Faulkner
Be true to your passion, and aspire to it with all you have to offer. Perfection is impossible, but no matter what you can always try harder. In the wise words of Sharpay Evans, “Don’t you see that bigger is better, and better is bigger, a little bit is never enough, no no no!”
3) In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd. – Miguel de Cervantes
Go to the extreme! Go above and beyond! Who knows what you’re capable of…
4) To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Walk down the hallways with your head held high today! You’re beautiful just the way you are. Embrace it.
5) For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ever get angry over the dumbest things? Next time you start excessively complaining about RBR’s famous never-ending bathroom lines, just stop. Look at it as a chance to make a new friend in line.
6) Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. – Henry David Thoreau
Singer? President? Accountant? Writer? Dancer? Astronaut? If you can dream it, you can be it.
7) If you want to be happy, be. – Leo Tolstoy
Going through something rough? You always have the choice to just smile through it. Focus on a deep breathing exercise…rock out to your favorite song…take a nap…get some Chipotle. You know, whatever works for you.
8) The two most powerful warriors are patience and time. – Leo Tolstoy
Always stressing about assignments in the back of your mind? Take it one step at a time, and don’t stress out, because you aren’t alone. Text your best friend today and say, “everything is going to be okay. :)” Spread the peace, Bucs!
Take at least one quote above and incorporate it somehow into your week. Sometimes we all need a reminder of the greatness of life. Go Bucs!